Wednesday, September 14, 2011

Carmine's Pizzeria

I first discovered Carmine's Pizza 3 years ago when I was visiting a friend at University of Texas at Dallas. This specific Carmine's is located at the corner of Coit and Campbell in Richardson, TX. However, for the purposes of this post I will be critiquing the Carmine's I know best, the one located in Lewisville, TX.

Stuffed

I will always remember the first time I tried the Carmine's Pizza in Lewisville. It was a happy yet painful day. I had been living in Lewisville for about 6 months and was in the process of exploring all of the pizza places that the little town had to offer. Jana, my wife, is not the biggest fan of pizza, so most of this exploring has been done on my own time. One Sunday afternoon Jana had a shopping date with her mom and I was left to fend for my self for lunch. After two seconds of contemplating what I wanted to eat, I went with the obvious choice, Peperoni pizza! Shortly after I came to this revelation I was off on my quest to find some of this yummy goodness. At first my plan was to just venture to Little Caesars and get a $5 pizza, but my nose had other plans. Right around the corner from my house, I discovered something that made my day, Carmine's Pizza! There was only one problem, it was 11:30AM and Carmines wasn't scheduled to open until noon, but the owner, Marcio, seeing extreme sadness and defeat on my face, opened the door for me anyways. Like I said earlier, I had been to the Carmine's location in Dallas, but never by my self, so naturally I was hesitant what to order. The owner asked me how hungry I was and I quickly responded with, "I'm always hungry for pepperoni pizza!" so he suggested I get the one slice lunch combo. I just kind of looked at him as if to say "do you know how much pizza that I can eat??", and then proceeded to order two slices of pizza. I was proud of myself, I had stuck to my guns and obeyed my tummy. Now it was time to play the waiting game, and after semi-patiently waiting 10 minutes (seemed like 2 hours) for the pizza to cook it was finally ready and I was headed home to enjoy! By the time I got home the pizza was at the perfect temperature and ready to be eaten. So I started my second quest of the day, eating my yummy pizza! The slices were HUGE each slice was about 6 inches in diameter (from one side of the crust to the other) and 7 or so inches long, so needless to say this quest was going to be quite a bit harder than the first, but I was ready and determined to complete it! By the time I finished one slice I quickly came to the realization that I should not have stuck with my guns and just ordered the one slice lunch deal, but I pushed on. About 20 grueling minutes later I was done with both slices, my quest was complete! However, instead of celebrating all I wanted to do was unbutton my pants and lay down on the couch. I kept thinking to my self, "this must have been how Joey felt after he ate the entire Thanksgiving turkey on an episode of Friends, and man where are my stretchy pants when I need them!" And that's the story of my first time at Carmine's Lewisville and needless to say I was STUFFED!

Yes, I did return and I took my wife. In fact, we spent several Friday nights there where the owner knows our faces. What's Jana get? Canadian bacon.

Now that I'm finished rambling, I will get down to business with the likes and dislikes of Carmine's pizza..

Likes:
  • The pizza: New York style thin crust with not very much sauce and a lot of cheese, exactly how I like it!
  • Garlic Knots: Yummy little pieces of bread tied up in small knots with a garlicky butter goodness draped all over them. (Quick tip; when you order the lunch combo ask to substitute the salad for garlic knots, they are the same price on the menu so you should not have any problems, and I promise you, you will not regret it)
  • Atmosphere: Small area with about 6 tables. Very family friendly.
  • Owner: Very friendly & makes a special effort to get to know his customers!
Dislikes:
  • Side salad: Lets just say I would rather have the garlic knots instead of the salad, its better for you ;)
  • Lack of pepperonis on the pizza. The pepperonis are the sole reason that I eat pizza and in my personal opinion there should be far more pepperonis on the pizza slices.
Another one of my favorite things about Carmine's Pizzeria Lewisville is that it is affordable. Below are a few specials that they are offering. Enjoy!

Specials? They have plenty. Check them out here: Carmine's specials. Our favorite? 1 slice 1 topping, garlic knots (or salad) & 1 drink for $4.99 (Add $1 after 5pm)

I was not compensated in any way to share my opinions.

1 comment:

  1. Do you want to eat pizza but don't know which restaurant to choose from the many options? Little Caesars is the place to go for all of your cravings. Find out Little Caesars Hours before you go rather than wasting time at the Pizza Chain. You'll also get a sense of Little Caesars' working schedule on both holidays and regular days. In addition, you will learn Where is the Nearest Little Caesars, Holidays List, and other useful information to help you decide when to visit the Pizza Chain.
    hours little caesars

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...