Tuesday, September 27, 2011

Enzo's NY Pizzeria


So do you remember Turner's Pizza Depot from my previous post? Well it closed its doors for good awhile ago and there is now a new pizza place residing at its location. This new pizza place is called Enzo's NY Pizzeria and, in my opinion, it is a very large step up from Turner's Pizza Depot.

My wife Jana and I recently discovered first-hand the differences between the two pizza places during our visit a couple of weeks ago. Not only did Enzo's have all of the things I liked in Turner's Depot: good environment; good location; and yummy cheese bread; but it also had really good pepperoni pizza!

During our visit we had the opportunity to meet the owner Enzo and his brother Dino. Although, Enzo's in Parker Square is currently their only Texas establishment, both Enzo and Dino have been in the pizza business for 15 years in both New York and Florida. Enzo and Dino's family have been in the business for a total of 65 years and currently own a chain of pizza restaurants in Ft. Lauderdale, Florida that have made the best of Florida list several times. Needless to say pizza runs deep within this family, and I hope to be adopted soon (just kidding!).

Now for the likes and dislikes of Enzo's NY Pizzaria...

Likes:
  • Cheese bread: Enzo's cheese bread is top notch! Its basically just toasted garlic bread smothered in delicious pizza cheese.

  • Pizza: Enzo and Dino make the pizzas themselves, they use only natural ingredients prepared in-house, they make everything from the pizza dough to the pepperonis.

  • The atmosphere: Very family oriented atmosphere with friendly and helpfull staff ready to answer any questions.

  • Location: Parker Square in Flower Mound! Hopefully this area will come back around!

Dislikes:
  • My default response: not enough pepperonis on the pizza! I think what needs to happen is, I just need to start ordering double pepperoni on all pizzas. But then I won't have anything to write in the dislike column. Dilemma.

  • That's about it. No more dislikes.
The wife's opinion: The crust had a unique flavor to it that I really enjoyed. I can't tell you what it was that I enjoyed about it so much, but it was tasty. I also thought the pepperonis were extra tasty. Considering how often we eat pepperoni pizza it was nice for it to taste a little different. And as usual, my half had mushrooms of course!

I was in no way compensated for my opinions.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...