Thursday, September 8, 2011

In Memory of Gloria's

Hi, my name is Jana & I am Cody's wife and partner in crime. Cody jokingly told me he should start a blog about his love for pepperoni pizza so I took it upon myself to make it a reality. I am writing the first post as a means to encourage him in his journey. I will say that this man definitely has a love for Pepperoni Pizza! So much so that many of our wedding gifts were pizza stones & pizza utensils.

So this post specifically is in memory of my favorite pizza place, Gloria's. Gloria's was a local pizza joint in Coppell. I don't recall when it opened but I know I've been eating it since I was a wee little girl. Unfortunately this past year they closed their doors.

Gloria's seriously had some of the best tasting pizza. This was one place Cody always knew I'd say yes to if he was craving pizza and thought I might not want it. One mention of Gloria's & I was set to go. The best part? We could get the pizza buffet which meant I didn't have to eat Pepperoni Pizza & Cody can eat as much as he possibly wanted.

(Cody on one of our many Gloria's dates)

I always started off with a side salad with mushrooms & olives plus their delicious ranch dressing. And then it was on to the pizza! Gloria & Hilda both knew our preference on pizza the second we walked in the door, one pepperoni & one alfredo. I loved being known & I loved that they made whatever you wanted for the buffet. Not to mention their Dr. Pepper was always really good! Their veggie pizza was also rather delicious!

This was a place I grew up loving & had taught many of my friends to love. Our family loved going together when my sister was in town. I honestly miss it a lot & crave it often! With all that said...I am okay with Cody finding the best pizza in the metroplex because I miss what I thought was simply the best pizza in the world.

So here's to his journey & hoping I don't get fat in the process...

I was not compensated in any way to share my opinions.

1 comment:

  1. Too fun!!! My husband loves pizza too. But I like it well enough also, so it works out! Good luck with your new blog Cody! :)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...