Friday, September 16, 2011

Pepperoni Pockets

My wife made these pepperoni pockets (or mini calzones if your ask my opinion) for dinner on Sunday night! These are easy enough that even I can make them...

What do you need?
1. 2 Cans of Crescent Rolls
2. 2 cups of Shredded Mozzarella Cheese
3. 1 packaged of Pepperoni

Unroll the crescent rolls but don't separate them! Smush the middles together to make these rectangles. Sprinkle cheese over them & then cut up some pepperonis over each one. She did 3 pepperonis per rectangle.

Fold up the rectangles by pulling all the corners up to the middle and sealing off any holes.

Follow the directions for cooking from the crescent rolls.

Feel free to add pizza sauce under your cheese if you want, but my wife chose not to and I am glad she did.

How did I like it?

Well this is a tricky question kind of like when your wife/girlfriend asks you if you think the dress she is wearing makes her look fat. Luckily however, in this case, I can honestly say that I really liked the pepperoni pockets. I mean, what's there not to like? Crescent Rolls, yum! Mozzarella cheese, yum! And to top things off, lots of pepperonis yum yum!

Now for the nitty gritty stuff, the likes and dislike points. We'll go with the positive first.

Likes:

  • The main ingredients are all my favorite things to eat. Bread, pepperoni, cheese.

  • No pizza sauce was added to the recipe. As you guys will see in future I'm not much of a fan of an excess of pizza sauce.

  • Lots of cheese! Basically the more cheese on pizza the better!

Dislikes:

  • Not enough pepperonis added to the recipe. This dislike was actually brought up by my wife, believe it or not, so I have no regrets in sharing.

  • Umm. The only other thing than that I can think of to put under the dislike column is the pepperoni pizza pockets themselves could have been a little bit smaller. That way I could eat three of them at a time and not have to worry about my figure. ;)
I need a slogan or something to end my blogs with. Anyone have any suggestions? Send me a message or a tweet (@thepizzaguydfw).

Lata peeps!

1 comment:

  1. Like I said before...if you don't tell me if you don't like the food I will just make it again.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...